Hyper thyroidism Causes,Signs And Symptoms
What is hyper thyroidism?
Hyper thyroidism the thyroid is a butter fly-shaped gland in the front part of your neck, which produces hormones res ponsible for meta bolism, energy gene ration, and mood regu lation. Dis orders of the thyroid gland result in distur bance of meta bolism of multi ple systems. The main problems asso ciated with the working of the thyroid gland are over active and under active thyroid hormones pro – duction. The occur – rence of thyroid dys – function is more common in women than in men.
What are its main signs and symptoms?
Over active thyroid gland pro duces excess thyroid hormone, the condition is referred to as hype rthyroidism. Sym ptoms of an over active thyroid are as follows:
- Weight loss.
- Anxiety, irrita bility, and mood swings.
- Swe – lling on the neck due to en larged thyroid (Goiter).
- Weak ness.
- Increased heart rate.
- Sensiti – vity to heat.
What are the main causes?
The main causes of hyper thyroidism are as follows:
- Graves’s disease.
- No dules on the thyroid gland.
- Increased io – dine uptake.
- Non-cancerous tumors of the pituitary gland.
- Infla mmation of thyroid gland due to viral infe -ction.
- Thyroid cancer.
How is it diagnosed and treated?
Dia – gnosis of any kind of thyroid problem can be done in the following ways:
- Physi cal exami – nation of the neck.
- Blood investi – gations: To check levels of Thyroid Stimu lating Hormone
- (TSH), T 3, and T 4.
- Io dine up take tests.
- Ultra sound imaging of no – dules on the gland.
- Bi opsy of the ab normal growth on gland.
Treat ment of thyroid problems will differ accor – ding to activity shown by the gland and hormonal levels detected in blood test. The following treat ment options are avail able for Hyper – thyroidism:
- Medi – cation: Radio – active Io dine, anti-thyroid medi – cation, and anti-infla-mmatory drugs.
- Surgical removal of part or entire thyroid gland.
Regular check-up and follow-ups can help take care of hyper – thyroidism. A balanced diet rich in vitamins, proteins, calcium, io dine, and magnesium can help you keep thyroid problems away.
Read more from this site – https://healthtipsalert.blogspot.com
Caution :- you should not take any medi cines with out doctor consul – tation. Taking any medi cine with – out doctor’s consul tation can cause serious problems.